Soft Amaretti Cookies
Yields: Approx. 20 cookies
- Preheat oven to 300° F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Combine almond flour, granulated sugar, and salt in a large bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip your egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add both extracts and beaten egg whites to the dry ingredients. Do not worry about being gentle while mixing in the egg whites. Stir until the mixture is combined and forms a sticky dough. If necessary, you can knead the dough to mix completely.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop (or similar tool), scoop dough out and form into smooth balls, rolling with your hands. Once formed, gently roll into powdered sugar.
- Place each coated portion onto your prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 inch of space in between each.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops are cracked, and the bottoms have barely browned.
- Remove cookies from trays to allow them to cool completely…if you’re able to wait…then enjoy!